The Council consists of seven members who are appointed on an annual basis.
- Patricia Crawford
- Stanley K. Smith
- Laurie Holmes
- Shelly Echeverria
- Teresa Gonzalez
- Jennifer Regina
Rachelle Scott - email@example.com
The Arts Council has been established to develop arts and cultural policies and to provide a vehicle for productive partnership with the Parks and Recreation Department in promotion of the arts, cultural, and aesthetic concerns. Arts Council hosts events throughout the year.
The Arts Council meets the 1st Wednesday of each month at the Municipal Center starting at 4:00 p.m.
Limelight on Local Artists:
Art Reception will be held the 1st Saturday of the first month the artwork is displayed.
(January, April, July or October 2:00 - 4:00pm)
Any residents who are interested in displaying their artwork should complete the online submission form.
The mission of the Lower Paxton Township Arts Council is to promote and support the arts, encourage participation in the arts by people of all ages, and create an environment in which art experiences are an integral part of community life.
Some activities that the Arts Council has sponsored or conducted include:
- Art exhibits to feature work of skilled visual artists
- Author Nights in cooperation with the East Shore Area Library and its Friends
- Bimonthly book discussions
- Community concerts with the Lower Paxton Variety Band
- Crafts activities for children at the annual Night Out for Public Safety and Holiday Tree Lighting events
- Movie nights with speakers and discussion on classic films
- Trash(can) to Treasure: The decoration of trash receptacles for Township parks, a yearly event