In 2019 an updated Fireworks Ordinance was passed. Do you know the rules?
The 4th of July has come and gone and maybe you or your neighbor is still in the holiday spirit...
If you or your neighbors plan to use fireworks, please remember the rules... (Chapter 107 of the Codified Ordinances)
A person may NOT intentionally ignite or discharge:
(1) Consumer fireworks on any property of the Township, including, but not limited to streets, sidewalks, public parks or public buildings.
(2) Consumer fireworks on private property without the express, written permission of the owner.
(3) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices within, or throw consumer fireworks or sparkling devices from, a motor vehicle or building.
(4)Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices into or at a motor vehicle or building or at another person.
(5) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.
(6) Consumer fireworks within 150 feet of an occupied structure.
(7) Consumer fireworks after 10:00 p.m. prevailing time or before 7:00 a.m. prevailing time unless otherwise permitted by the Township, except on New Years Eve, which shall be until 12:00 midnight, New Years Day until 12:30 a.m. and July 4 until 11:00 p.m.
(8) Consumer fireworks on a property of less than one acre in area.
If you witness any of these acts, please call the Police Department. The Police cannot take action if you do not call and make them aware of the situation. Please don’t assume a neighbor has called. Take action and make the call.
#lowerpaxtontwp #ourcommunity #beagoodneighbor #fireworks #fireworksrules