Local Road Construction
When the Township receives information regarding road closures, road construction or detours, the information will be posted to this page. If the Township is performing work that requires road closures or detours, those announcements are posted here as well. The Township has a second website dedicated to Sewer and Stormwater Projects. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please visit www.LowerPaxtonatWork.com, the information may be on that site.
1. Posted 11/23/22: Colonial Road Water Main Break
Colonial Road Closure Update: Due to a water main break, Veolia contractors have been working around the clock to repair surrounding, impacted utilities. As a result of the extensive nature of the break, Colonial Road will remain closed between Linglestown Road and Winthrop Drive through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and into next week. Additional information will be published as it becomes available to the Township.
3. Posted 10/27/22: Woodlawn Drive Watermain Replacement
Veolia is investing to improve water service in the Woodlawn Drive area. Veolia will be replacing aging water lines along Woodlawn Dr., in Lower Paxton Township, as shown in red on the map below. Approximately 1,600 feet of new water main will be installed, 38 service lines replaced, and 1 fire hydrant. This project is to begin end of Oct/early Nov. of 2022 and will be completed approximately by December 2022, weather permitting. Final restoration to be completed in Spring 2023. More Information.
4. Posted 6/29/2022: Locust Lane Watermain Project
- Project Owner: Veolia Water
- Project Location: Locust Lane from Rutherford Road to Hollywood Drive (See Figure 2)
- Contractor: EK Services, Inc.
- Contact: 888-299-8972 (Veolia Customer Service)
- Nature of Work: Watermain and water service replacement.
- Additional Notes: Construction will begin on or after July 1 near the intersection of Locust Lane and Rutherford Road. Lane restrictions will be necessary during construction.
- FAQ Sheet (updated 9/6/22)