Purchase of New Building
In 2002, the Board of Supervisors purchased 425 Prince Street from Tyco Electronics Corporation for $1.4 million. Conversion of this building into the Municipal Center occurred over the next two-years at a cost of approximately $3 million.
The Municipal Center is a two-story structure that is 52,000 square feet in area. The first floor (basement) houses the Police Department and the second floor contains the Township's administrative offices.
A drop box is located in the upper parking lot for drive-up payments.
Meeting Room Reservations
Individuals and organizations interested in reserving a meeting room in the Lower Paxton Township Municipal Center should note the following:
- Room usage is limited to Lower Paxton Township groups serving Township residents for non-profit and civic purposes.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Municipal Center
- Refreshments are not permitted in the meeting rooms.
- Restrooms are available in the main lobby area and between the entrances to rooms Multipurpose Room A and Multipurpose Room B.
- Please park in the upper lot (southern side of the building). The Police Department uses the lower parking lot.
- All exits are marked with lighted signs.
- Please do not prop doors open, it will register silent alarms. (Multipurpose room doors may be propped open, but all outside doors and hallway doors will activate an alarm).
Individuals and Organizations are asked to:
- Make room reservation requests at least one week prior to the requested date. Meeting rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Fill out the reservation request form completely, including the starting and finishing times of your meeting.
- Make arrangements to get a key card the day of your meeting. When leaving the building after your meeting, please put the key card in the envelope provided and deposit it into the blue "Municipal Payments" box located beside the blue mail boxes in the parking lot.
- Plan to arrive early to set up chairs and/or tables which may be needed for your meeting. At the completion of the meeting, please put away same. Turn off all lights when you leave.
- Put all trash in the containers provided.
- Insure group members or those attending the meeting are aware of the rules governing the use of these rooms.
If you have questions concerning the use of meeting rooms in the Municipal Center, call 717-657-5600, Monday through Friday between 8 am and 5 pm