Reduce household trash to create, a process known as "source reduction".
Source reduction hints:
- Recycle plastic bags at your grocery store or reuse plastic bags on your next trip to the store.
- Buy products made from or packaged in recycled or returnable containers. Some packaging made from recycled materials is marked with a recycling symbol. If the box is gray on the inside, this means the box was made from recycled material.
- Buy items in the largest possible size because you will use fewer containers.
- Reuse as many materials as possible.
Some other ways to recycle:
- Electronics are recyclable. Dauphin County Department of Solid Waste Management and Recycling operates a Recycling Center for electronics and other recyclable items.
- American Flags can be placed in a drop-box at the Township Municipal Center or at the American Legion Post 272.
- Clothing and household items can be donated to the Promise Place, Shalom House, Veterans Administration, Salvation Army, Goodwill, Bethesda Mission, Volunteers of America, and local churches.