Lower Paxton Township is served by three volunteer fire companies -- Colonial Park, Linglestown, and Paxtonia. These three companies provide a full range of firefighting and accident response services to our community. Although each of these companies possesses a specific service area, they respond on a mutual aid basis throughout the Township and surrounding municipalities.
The Colonial Park Fire Company was organized in 1944 and operates from a fire station located at 433 South Houcks Road. The primary service area of the Company is the southwest portion of the Township. Colonial Park is considered a pumper and engine company.
The Linglestown Fire Company was organized in 1934 and operates from a fire station located at 5901 Linglestown Road. This Company's primary service area encompasses the northern portion of the Township. The Linglestown Fire Company specializes in performing water tanker and aerial operations for the entire community.
The Paxtonia Fire Company was organized in 1937 and operates from a fire house located at 125 South Johnson Street. This Company's primary service area is the southeast portion of the Township. The Paxtonia Fire Company's ladder truck specialization, like the specialization of the other two companies, provides a specific service for the entire community.
The Lower Paxton Township Fire Marshal is responsible for fire scene investigations. This individual determines the origin and cause of a fire. The Fire Marshal is also responsible for the compilation of data involving fire and emergency response services provided by the three fire companies.