- Waste Management is the authorized residential solid and
recyclables collector within the Township. Arrangements
for service may be made directly through Waste Management.
For more information call Waste Management at 232-0878.
- Waste Management observes six holidays (New Year's Day,
Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and
Christmas Day). When a holiday falls on or proceeds
the scheduled weekly pick-up, trash and recyclables pick-up
will be on the next day.
- Waste Management collects clear and colored glass; aluminum,
steel, and bi-metal cans; plastic; newsprint; and corrugated
paper. Recycling stickers for collection containers
may be obtained at the Township Municipal Center.
- The Health Office is responsible for enforcement of ordinances
relating to property maintenance, on-lot sanitary sewer
facilities, and littering.
- Domestic animals are not permitted to run loose within
the Township. Residents are required to clean-up the
waste from their pet.
- The Township's Property Maintenance Code requires that residents cut their grass when it exceeds 10 inches in length.
- Inflatable pools that hold more than 24 inches of water require a code compliant barrier surrounding the perimeter of the pool.
Leaf Waste Program
- The Leaf Waste Collection Program includes unlimited curbside
pickup by Waste Management two times a month, April through November, one pickup
in December, and the removal of Christmas trees in January.
- Leaf waste includes leaves, bundled tree pruning, and
garden waste. Leaf waste does not include grass clippings,
which are collected by Waste Management on a weekly basis
with trash as part of the four container limit.
- The Township's leaf waste Compost Facility is located
on Conway Road. Residents who purchase a permit may deliver leaves, tree trimmings,
and garden wastes to the compost facility on Tuesdays, Thursdays,
and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Leaf waste
must be deposited loose or in "kraft" recyclable
bags. Permits are available at the Municipal Center and at Hornung's Hardware Store.
- The Township accepts natural Christmas trees for recycling
at two drop-off sites - Koons Park and the Public Works
Building. Christmas trees may be dropped off during
the first three weeks of January each year. Trees
must be free of all decorations.
Parks and Recreation
- The Parks and Recreation Department operates the Friendship
Center located at 5000 Commons Drive.
- Township park facilities may be reserved, upon application
and for a small fee, by calling the Parks and Recreation
Department at 657-5635.
- The Township does not operate any outdoor swimming pools.
However, there are two private community pools in the Township; Devon Manor Swim Club and Penn Colonial Swim Club. There is also one public community pool; Koons Pool.
- The Township assists in the operation of a Senior Center at the Friendship Center. The senior
citizens center is open 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through
Friday, and is free of charge to all participating seniors.
- The Township assists in the operation of a senior
citizen transportation service. For more information,
please call 657-5650.
- Parks and Recreation Department programs follow the winter
cancellation policies of the Central Dauphin School District.
~1 - 2 - 3~